3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Moth and Moon Studio
Cacao in ceremony is a plant spirit medicine used to open the heart center. It is a raw form of chocolate. What better way to celebrate the month of love than to experience this food of the Gods? After the ceremony of drinking, there will be interactive journeying to optimize heart opening experience. Limited to 14 people. Pre-registration is required.
Cost is $45 per person
Preparing for Cacao Ceremony
In order to get the most out of the cacao experience please follow these few suggestions.
- Come HYDRATED with water.
- No coffee or other caffeinated beverages for a few hours prior.
- No food for 2-3 hours before ingesting cacao.
Because of the variety of cacao, which is significantly more potent, and the amount consumed in the ceremonial dose, there are a couple of contraindications to be aware of.
- Prescription Anti-depressants: Those that use MAO inhibitors to treat depression are contraindicated with chocolate. Check your medications to see if this is the case. These tend to be less common nowadays.
- Serious Heart Conditions: cacao increases heart rate and is a vasodilator, so be careful if you have a serious heart condition
- Pregnant or breastfeeding: Go with a lower dose. Cacao is a stimulant so about 1 ounce is enough
About Matooka Moonbear
Matooka Moonbear is an earth based spiritual practitioner with over 30 years of experience. Her spiritual work is a rich blend of Native American and Pagan traditions. Matooka is an accomplished Kriya Massage Therapist and Reiki Master Teacher for over 17 years having received training from DoveStar Institute. Matooka works closely with nature based teachings including those of Sun Bear, crystals and animals. Through her work with animals and their powerful medicine, she was taught to continue their sacred journey and how to use their bodies and call on their spirit to create strong medicine that births into drums, rattles and other Shamanic tools.
Matooka has also closely studied with a Mohawk spiritual person for 4 years. During this time, she learned the ways of the red road and Sacred Pipe. Amritanandamayi, also known as Amma the hugging saint, is Matooka’s Sat Guru. While living in New Mexico, she joined a local Satsung and studied Amma’s teachings for 2 years. Matooka has also studied with Granny Moon at Sisters of the Burning Branch (a Goddess School). There she completed 4th degree High Priestess training and initiation. Matooka is a 10th generation graduate of Priestess Path and an ordained minister for the Temple of Witchcraft.
For more information on Matooka’s offerings or to book a session, please visit www.MatookaMoonbear.com!